Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

late nights and fairytales

Dear blog world, Today started very early for me. I talked to my friend Diana today on facebook till 3 am. Since she has had similar experiences as myself we talked a lot about well girl stuff I guess you could say. It's amazing how people don't realize how difficult it can be for North Americans which includes certain parts of Canada (like where Diana is from) to adjust to certain European cultures. I have grown an admiration and great love for a lot of people in France but the mentality is very different. I'll explain more as time goes on with specific examples but there can be a lot of flushed with anger moments and teary protests as two cultures try to understand each another. If being male and female isn't enough throw culture into the mix. This is not to say that this can't happen between a contenient as well for example an east coaster and a southerner. No matter what relationship it is there are always conflicts. When you are with someone who doesn't share the same cultural and language background it takes a lot of patience and understanding and sometimes having to try to communicate in a way as to not offend the other person. Sometimes there can be a bit of misunderstandings. I pondered all this, this morning as my sweetheart and I went about a normal morning routine being especially sharing, caring, and understanding. I feel a bit of relief that we've learned to understand each another a bit more. It's a huge leap for us, not that there won't be bumps but I'm happy that I married a man that is willing to make efforts. The Fairytale where everything is perfect is of course commonly seen as completely untrue but I feel like although reality is very real I'd like to think I got exactly the fairy tale I wanted and ever hoped for. So to all those men out there just make efforts that's all we ask :)

No comments:

Post a Comment